Statista says that e-commerce sales worldwide totaled to2.3 trillion US$, and retailer revenues are projected to touch 4.3 trillion US$ in 2021. Now, wouldn’t you want a piece of that pie? It is time to start an online store. If that is not enough to convince you to take your brick-and-mortar store online, consumers world over are choosing to shop from the comfort of their homes. In 2018, a whopping 1.8 billion people worldwide purchased goods online.
More and more retailers are approaching professional web design companies to build an e-commerce store. And what better way to take your store online than a Magento store design. You can contact a Magento Development Company or hire a Magento Developer for Custom Magento Development Services.
We will cover how to start an online store; you’ll learn how to build your e-commerce store, the concept of the target market, how to target customers and more.
Building Your Magento Store
- Let us see how to create an eCommerce website; you would need a domain name and host for your web store. Choose a domain name; make sure you choose one that is unique, short, catchy, and easy to remember because this is your brand identity and an essential tool in marketing your store.
- Steps to build your Magento Store: A great domain name helps you to make a brand that is easy to identify, create professional contact email address, and help you in SEO. Decide on your hosting provider. Once you have the hosting ready, you can download and install the Magento Installation Package from your supplier. We recommend you hire a web designer to create an e-commerce website in Magento 2; he will help you have it available sooner. Now it is time to choose a template for your Magento store and customize it with your brand colors, logo, and fonts. This is the natural part. Make sure to focus on the UX/UI design of your store because the success of your store depends a lot on the ease and simplicity of your store. If your store isn’t looking good or if your landing pages are difficult to use customers will abandon your store and may never come back again.
- Once you have your store design, migrate your store to Magento. This step is relatively easy, but care should be taken to help manage the warehouse efficiently. Fill out your store settings, and you are ready to go.
Checkout, Payment, and Shipping
- Ensure a smooth and single page checkout process to minimize cart abandonment. The wide array of extensions make it easier for you to integrate any payment gateway, shipping service provider, etc. you prefer. Integrate the leading payment providers like PayPal, Stripe, Brain Tree, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and Google Tez to give a choice for customers and make transactions easy. Make sure you have a secure payment system. Install SSL certificate on your website.
- Shipping is essential if you are running an e-commerce store. Shipping can attract customers or repel. If you are new to e-commerce, we recommend you start small. Make sure you provide different options of navigation, quick shipping is as important as payment. Offering free shipping when possible, will also attract customers in the long run.
Manage Orders and Inventory
- When you run an online retail business, you have to deal with hundreds of orders every day. The higher your sale volume, the more they worry. This is why you need software to manage the inventory to help product and process management; boost sales, solve problems, and quick order finalization. Thus giving you peace of mind.
How to target audience for online success
- One big mistake store owners make thinking that their product is for everyone. To create a successful store, you must segment your product or services. Segmenting is producing and selling a product or services in a way that appeals to a specific group of people who share a similar need. A target market analysis example, if you sell fashion outfits, segment your market by selling only women’s fashion; however, not all women have the same fashion needs. Analyze a macro market segment, then go deep to determine groups in your chosen section.
- Know your customer persona and tailor your marketing efforts to the persona.
- We have already talked about the need for an excellent domain for SEO; now let’s dive deep into SEO. As we said earlier, knowing your customer persona goes a long way in helping you develop customer targeted e-commerce project and set your business up for success. Research your target audience and market. What are their buying habits and consumption behavior? To develop a winning strategy for an e-commerce store, you need not only your customer persona but also your competitors. Do keyword research. Find the keywords they target.
- Do you want to supercharge your growth? Google analytics will pinpoint your target market for online business. Analytics track shoppers landing on your e-commerce store – collect data on where they come from, where they go and where they exited your site; it will give you insights on how visitors interact with your store; how and where you need to improve.
Get listed on global marketplaces like Amazon, eBay
- Online marketplaces, lets consumers shop online from many merchants in one place.
- According to “Internet Retailer,” the sales of the two largest marketers: Amazon and eBay are accounted for about 27% of North American online retail sales in 2015.
Keep customers coming back with gift cards, coupons, store credits, and points.
- Acquiring new customers is becoming more and more expensive as advertisement costs increase frequently. This is why it is cost efficient to resell to already existing customers. This is true across all businesses. Some options to keep customers loyal to your brand are membership cards, gift cards, double discount, reward points, store credits. However, keep in mind that these are only going to help you if you provide an experience to customers that exceeds expectations.
Go Mobile Friendly
- Customers are always online these days thanks to smartphones.
- Make sure your e-commerce store is mobile friendly. If it isn’t, they will leave and may never return. Invest in a mobile app which lets you send push notifications to your customers. Use the push notification feature to target the time when potential customers are the most active. Your sweet spot is between 12pm-5pm.
- 29% of Americans will buy everything online if they can. E-commerce using Magento is optimized for mobile phones.
Using Social Media to a target audience for Online Shopping
- There are many tips and tricks you can use to attract your web visitors to your online store. One of the best tips is to use social media. Using social media to attract visitors to your online store is one proven way to grow your business.
- You’ve probably heard of favorite news channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, and Youtube, the marketplace.
E-Commerce stores are here to stay. Target online store is vital to business growth in the future. We hope we have been able to convey the concept of the target market to you. Use these tips to build an online store for your business with Magento.